These cases are facing another anniversary this month without resolution. We believe that through collective impact, we can uncover information that might lead to the next big break in a cold case.
Can your eyes help solve these cold cases?
- Daniel Reaves left his girlfriend’s house and disappeared without a trace in Madison, Indiana on May 3, 2008
- Tammy Mahoney went missing when she was only 19-year-old when she accepted a ride in Oneida, NY on May 8, 1981.
- Linda Muegge was found dead with stab wounds inside her Texas home after a house fire on May 14, 2007.
- Jackson Miller vanished after he abandoned his car near the Golden Gate Bridge on May 15, 2010.
- Luann Beckman was murdered while riding her bike on a snowmobile trail in WI on May 15, 2016.
- Christopher Dansby was abducted from a New York playground, potentially connected to two similar cases on May 18, 1989.
- Kathy Lugongo-Nicastro went missing after a fight with her husband and was later found dead in her car on May 18, 1984.
- Susan Poupart was found murdered 6 months after being forced into a vehicle in Lac du Flambeau, WI on May 20, 1990.
- Sean Sidi was only 19-years-old when he vanished after visiting a former teacher in San Francisco, CA on May 21, 2013.
- Jody Ledkins disappeared after leaving her friend’s Kansas City, MO home on May 23, 1985.
- Paige Renkoski was a beloved substitute teacher when she disappeared after pulling over on a Michigan interstate on May 24, 1990.
- Janet Shirar was a 29-year-old teacher when she was murdered in her Kokomo, IN home on May 24, 1980.
- Kristyn Richerson‘s roommates were the last to see her alive in Muskogee, OK on May 25, 2018.
- Jason Ellis was a police officer is shot and killed after his shift in Bardstown, KY on May 25, 2013.
- Laura Parker was murdered near her Lindenhurst, NY home on May 26, 1984.
- Athena Curry vanished after a late-night fight with her boyfriend in Atlanta, GA on May 27, 2011.
- Shaniece Harris‘s car was found abandoned near Rock Hill, NY two days after she was last seen at a party on May 29, 2017; her family does not believe she’d leave willingly.
- Brittney Wood disappeared after going to visit her uncle in Mobile, AL on May 30, 2012.
Help solve a cold case
There are more than 200,000 unsolved cases in the United States. We’re on a mission to bring all publicly available data into one location to crowdsource the gaps in these still unsolved cases. Explore the interactive database, dig deeper into the stories you’ve heard before, and encounter many others you haven’t, in ways that actually help.
Together We Can Build a Community. Our team is taking publicly available data and creating timelines, pulling maps, organizing sources, and visualizing cold cases for more eyes and collective impact.
We're building a community for advocates, citizen detectives, and true crime enthusiasts to use your skills to crowdsource the gaps in unsolved cases to help uncover answers—join the Uncovered community!