These cases are facing another anniversary this month without resolution. We believe that through collective impact, we can uncover information that might lead to the next big break in a cold case.
Can your eyes help solve these cold cases?
- Brian Shaffer was a medical student at Ohio State University when he vanished after a night out with friends on April 1, 2006.
- Wanda Lee Walkowicz was only 11 years old when her remains were found after she was last seen walking home with groceries on April 2, 1973, in her New York hometown.
- Alonzo Brooks‘ remains were found a month after he was last seen on April 4, 2004, at a party in rural Kansas.
- Monica Bercier-Wickre left a South Dakota bar on April 7, 1993, with two people and was never seen alive again.
- Khoi Vu was only 25-year-old we he vanished from his family’s home in the middle of the night on April 7, 2007.
- Alyssa McLemore made a worrisome phone call to 911 and then vanished from her Kent, Washinton community on April 9, 2009.
- Charline Rosemond was found shot to death in her family’s car after she was missing for six days on April 13, 2009.
- Warren R. Jones, a Fulton County Correctional Officer, was robbed and shot at 1097 Harwell Road, Atlanta, Georgia on April 14, 1989.
- Jessica Masker was a young mother of two when she went missing after leaving a gas station in Indianapolis on April 15, 2013.
- Patrice Endres was a hairstylist in Cumming, Georgia when she was abducted on April 15, 2004; more than a year her remains were found.
- Roy Thomas Melton Jr—better known as “Bud”—was found murdered in his North Carolina home on April 17, 2007.
- Christine Allen‘s remains were found in a Nature Preserve in Morrow, Clayton County, Georgia on April 18, 2002.
- Darlene Conklin vanished nearly 41 years ago, on April 19, 1981, police believe her remains have been found.
- Wendy Marie Dehoop was dropped off for work by her husband on April 22, 2005, and she never returned.
- Jennifer Lynn Stone was studying advertising at UGA when she was murdered on April 23, 1992.
- Alicia Markovich was only 15-years-old when she disappeared while visiting her father on April 26, 1987.
- Dennis Nolan was found murdered near a trail off of Pupukea Road in Honolulu, HI on April 29, 2013.
- Lora Jean Dugan was only 14-years-old when she vanished; her remains were found in a wooded area of North Dakota on April 30, 1972.
Help solve a cold case
There are more than 200,000 unsolved cases in the United States. We’re on a mission to bring all publicly available data into one location to crowdsource the gaps in these still unsolved cases. Explore the interactive database, dig deeper into the stories you’ve heard before, and encounter many others you haven’t, in ways that actually help.
Together We Can Build a Community. Our team is taking publicly available data and creating timelines, pulling maps, organizing sources, and visualizing cold cases for more eyes and collective impact.
We're building a community for advocates, citizen detectives, and true crime enthusiasts to use your skills to crowdsource the gaps in unsolved cases to help uncover answers—join the Uncovered community!